Create a Patient Record Manually in the HIE
Records can be created manually for non-integrated HIE nodes only, such as Care Transitions node. Integrated nodes require the record to exist first in the EMR.
Integrated HIE nodes are ones where the information flows directly from the facility EMR to the HIE. Nodes that do not automatically get information directly from a facility EMR are called non-integrated.
- Select Create Patient from the Home Page Button or the left navigation menu in the HIE. The screen will change to the display below.
- Add key information to the form.
- First Name
- Middle Initial (optional)
- Last Name
- Date of Birth MM/DD/YYYY
- Social Security Number (last 4 digits acceptable)
- Select Preview Patient at the bottom left of the form to review for typing errors.
- When satisfied information is correct, select Create patient.