Manually Upload Documents to a Patient Record
The HIE is used for primarily for sharing documents already loaded from facility EMRs, but occasionally, there may be something that you want to add manually. The patient may want to add their active directive documents, for example.
Any document with extension .pdf, .doc, .docx, .jpg, .png, .txt, .xls, .xlsx may be uploaded to the HIE. Create a digital document by scanning a paper document to you local computer, or typing into a Microsoft Word or text document. You may want to print a document from your local system to .pdf format.
Steps to add a document to a patient's record in the HIE.
- The document to be uploaded is stored on your local computer or network.
- Complete a patient search and select the patient name from the result to open their local record.
- On the left menu under local actions, select Add New Document.
- Select Document Type* from the drop down. Types Evaluation and Management. Advanced Directives, Care Plan or Other are most commonly used.
- Select Document Sensitivity check boxes**. To keep a document view-able in the local node only, uncheck Normal and check any other sensitivity setting.
- Select Browse
- Navigate to document on your local hard drive (referral forms, advanced directive documents, med list) that you want to upload to the HIE.
- Select the correct document, then select Open
- Select the Add button at the bottom of the page.
- Select the local or network All Documents tab to view the uoloaded documents.
*Sensitivity Check Boxes