Initial MIN-NS HIE Account Setup
Your initial login to the HIE is usually done at your MIN-NS Basic Training session. If you would like to attend a training session, submit a request here. Otherwise, follow these instructions. After a few quick steps you will be on your way. Once you or your facility have subscribed, MIN-NS will provide you with a username and a temporary password.
- Open the internet browser of your choice. A few examples are Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge .
- In the browser address bar, type http://www.min-ns.net.
- The MIN-NS subscriber portal opens where you can quickly access MIN-NS applications
- Select Help Desk from the left menu and then HIE Password Reset from the top row of tiles. The Password Maintenance Tool opens.
MIN-NS Password Maintenance Tool
- Type your username, select Go and then type your password.
- You will now set up an identity with MIN-NS including an image and a secret word. Please keep these 2 pieces of information in a secure place. Your MIN-NS password must be changed every 3 months, but this image and secret word never change.
- Select an image from the choices provided.
MIN-NS Identity Image Selection
- Your secret word must include:
- At least 8 characters
- An upper case letter
- A digit
- A special character (! @ # $ % ^ & *)
MIN-NS Identity Select Secret Word
- Record your image selection and secret word in a secure place. You will use them to change your password in 3 months when you get a reminder email.
- Once your secret word in set, you will reset your temporary password.
- Type your temporary password once more
- then a new one following the same rules as above.
- Type once more to confirm. If you forget your password, just select the Can't remember password link and you can reset the password? without the current password input.
When you see this screen, select Go to the HIE Portal
Password Reset Complete