Secure Mail Overview
Secure Messaging allows you to send secure messages both inside and outside your organization to anyone participating in a Health Information Service Provider(HISP). These messages are encrypted in transport and may contain PHI (personally identifiable information).
Secure Mail is encrypted and a safe way to send Private Health Information. Secure Mail can be exchanged with anyone in the HIE address book. It automatically creates an audit-able record of incoming and outgoing mail. This will soon be combined with Direct email expanding the network of secure mail.
- Inbox with Mark as Read, Mark as Unread, Filter, Sorting and Archive functions
- Compose with Add Documents function and Filter to add levels of criticality
- Sent box with latest sent messages on top
- Archive box with Restore option that moves messages back to the Inbox
To compose mail:
- Select this button from Home Page or left menu of Secure Mail page.
- Move your cursor to the To: field. Type the first few letters of the recipient's name to activate the drop down and select the name.
- Set the severity according to the urgency of this message.
- Type your message.
- Add patient documents or documents from your local computer, if desired.
- Select Send button found at page bottom.