Resetting your MIN-NS HIE Password
MIN-NS Password Maintenance Tool allows you to reset your password online without delay. To use this tool, on your first login, you establish a digital identity. This identity is an image and a secret word. This identity never changes. Your password on the other hand must change at least every three months. MIN-NS will send you an email when you password is about to expire. When you receive this email follow these directions to reset your password.
- Open an internet browser and go to the MIN-NS Portal (or type http://www.min-ns.net into the address bar).
- Select Help Desk, then the Reset HIE Password tile.
MIN-NS Password Maintenance Tool
- Type your HIE username into the box then select Go.
If you are asked for your password, either:
- Your password is already expired
- OR, you typed your username incorrectly.
- For help, call MIN-NS support M-F 8AM-5PM (360)419-4315 OR Submit a Support Ticket explaining your problem
- You should see the screen below where you will be asked to select your identity image.
Select your identity image
- Once selected, the screen will move to ask for your secret identity word. This is not your current password but a special identity word that you selected at you first logon. It is at least 8 letters long, contains at least one upper case letter, at least one digit, and at least one non alphanumeric character.
Can’t remember your secret word? Call MIN-NS support M-F 8AM-5PM (360)419-4315 OR Submit a Support Ticket explaining your problem
- Once you have authenticated with your image and secret word, you will see this screen.
- Select the “Change My Password” option.
- Type your current password or select the Can’t Remember Password link.
- Enter your new password and confirm by retyping it. Password rules require at least 8 characters in length, containing at least one upper case letter, one digit, and one non alphanumeric character.
- Select Go.
- Successful completion returns to the menu page.
Please read the message above the menu: Your domain password expires in 88 days.
If you would like to change your secret identity image or pin, select the Change Image/Pin button. Changing these is never required.